Retro

Green Doors

Monday, February 15, 2010

Siblings

Last night we were having dinner together and sharing things we love about each other. Aubrey said she loves that I cook good food (go figure! Have you seen the girl eat?), she loves that Daddy "goes to work hard for us," and she loves that Buddy (AKA Hudson) smiles and plays toys. I was shocked; She had no trouble coming up with a couple things for each of us! This coming from a girl who says, "I don't know" every time I ask her what she did in school that day. Oh well...

Anyway, when it was Kenny's turn he shared that he loves that Hudson gets the most excited when he walks in the door from work. The boy literally smiles so big that his whole body shakes with delight! Kenny then added that "Hudson stole Aubrey's role" since she used to be the most excited when he came home. At which point, Aubrey blurts out, "Hey, Hudson stop takin' my role!" We cracked up laughing, which made her say it again, of course.

So that's a nutshell for us right now. We swing the bipolar pendulum of loving our sibling and them fighting them for position. It's an amusing dance which makes me think of my Heavenly Father and how He loves us all so completely, equally, and without fail. I don't have to worry about jockeying for my position or an extra portion of favor or love! It blows my mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment