Retro

Green Doors

Monday, December 14, 2009

Fa La La La


Tomorrow night is my first Christmas "program" as a mom. Aubrey's school is having a Christmas concert and she has been singing the songs for weeks now. One of my greatest joys is listening to my daughter sing, especially praises to our Father! I'm sure the concert will be a little lame and not professional in any way, but I am beyond excited to sit and listen to the kids raise their little voices.

My excitement got me thinking about how much God must swoon when we sing praises to Him! I worry all too much about how I sound when I sing. If the song is too high, then I won't sing, but kids will sing anything. Even when Aubrey sings song off key or wrong words or the wrong tune, I love it. How much more does my Father in Heaven love it when I sing praises to Him! I am convicted. Convicted to sing with abandon without fussing over how it sounds and with a heart full of love!


I love being a parent. It teaches me so much about being a child of God!

No comments:

Post a Comment